Welcome to Saturday Quilting Bring & Share 🙂 Bring along your project(s) and enjoy sharing in what’s been inspiring and occupying other members of our Worldwide Quilting Community. Do use the links to click and visit other blog sites. Please do leave messages to encourage those who are sharing and add your thoughts and knowledge to the discussions – I learn so much from reading through the discussion comments at the end of an interesting blog post.
Well! The over-riding theme of life here in the UK continues to be ‘waiting’. Thankfully the waiting is now tinged with a sense of anticipation. On the pandemic front we have a ‘roadmap’ out of restrictions with a caveat to not rush ahead of the timings set in place. On the day to day, Spring is showing itself in all sorts of ways now. We are enjoying a succession of dry, sunlit days and frosty nights. Flowers are much in evidence – yesterday I saw a hedgerow full of the white blossoms of Blackthorn – birds are loudly proclaiming their territories, some are gathering nesting materials and the hours of daylight are lengthening rapidly. We have been waiting for the soil in our garden and allotment to dry out enough to be workable, perhaps this afternoon we may be able to start the digging and weeding? (Added to post – ground still heavy and not quite ready for weeding by hand – still waiting in hope). Yesterday we bought some garden supplies including new poles in anticipation of the beans we haven’t even sown. Yes! Waiting is definitely being combined with a sense of hope after some very dark months.
My big sewing news this week is the release of my latest pattern. The ‘Use it all up 9 Fat Quarter Quilt’ pattern arose from my attempt to tackle one of those attractive but difficult to use FQ packs on several fronts: 1. To actually lift it off the shelf and break into it; 2. To make maximum use of the FQs- minimal left overs for the scrap bins; 3. to make a reasonable sized quilt from a minimal number of FQs and additional yardage. I made a quilt top measuring 67″ square using nine FQs with 2¼yds of extra fabric. I gave the