As hoped I have been able to spend more time in my sewing room. I even missed the screening of The Great British Bake Off in order to progress my patchwork projects! (I know! The sacrifices made for this hobby of ours!). 🙂
I’ve completed the patchwork top of the Dashing Stars quilt. I think this is the sixth version I’ve made. As I had plenty of the background fabric to play with I decided to make an addition to the pattern. Note the narrow borders on the flimsy. I’m pleased with the look of the 2½ border. Now to figure out the backing… I guess it will be pieced 😉
Stitching together all the blocks and rows of the Dashing Stars quilt top gave me an ideal opportunity to use the October Rainbow Scrap Challenge squares as a leader-ender project.
Whilst working on these projects I’ve had the Diamond Anniversary bed runner gift in the back of mind. I have used EQ7 to draw up a design. Mum specified a geometric pattern with plenty of background. (Note that my Dad is more than happy to leave these decisions to his wife!).
These are the fabrics I’ve gathered together so far:
The topmost fabric in the photo is a pillow case from the duvet set my parents use through the Winter. Under that is a fat quarter of a Liberty print from ‘The Cottage Garden Collection’. Next are Kona Solids: Peach, Dusty Blue, Delft and Cadet. We (Mum and I) picked out Delft and Cadet from the beautiful Japanese style curtain fabric in their room. Mum is pleased with the match of the Dusty Blue with their bedding – I’ll use this for the large areas of background in the runner design. And she likes the two darker blues but finds the Peach too deep a colour so I will see if I can use lighter tones whilst still providing a contrast with the light background… I guess the Liberty fabric might be too dark – Ah! Well! It will be a welcome addition to my stash 😉